I Graduated!











So, I'm a college graduate! 

As you guys can tell, my graduation cap says "Jeremiah 29:11" which is a bible verse that says, 

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  

This verse is so close to my heart because it perfectly explains this past year perfectly for me.

Last year I was going to fashion school in Pasadena; I loved every second of it! It challenged me in every aspect of my life; from the creativity my classes demanded to the sacrifices I had to endure. It was all worth it though. So when I lost the opportunity to continue my program I was heartbroken. I felt like I had lost a piece of myself in a sense, like "what now?"

 Well, I knew I couldn't go without going to school, let alone not getting a degree. So, I enrolled at my hometown college I had previously attended for two years before transferring to Pasadena. I literally enrolled Sunday night and I showed up to school Monday morning. I dreaded all of it. I didn't want to run into anyone I knew because I was avoiding the "you're back?!" convo. I seriously had no motivation for anything; I was pretty much showing up "just because" while other days I didn't even bother to show up. 

This was something I would never do before. So when I had a conversation with an old friend (ugh, I hate calling him that! But that's another story) about school he was surprised to hear what I had been doing. He helped me see that I was already there so I should just do what I have to do instead of feeling sorry for myself and come to regret it later.

I was able to get caught up and pass all my classes for the Fall semester and signed up for the Spring semester. I knew I was close to finishing my major, so I signed up for all the classes I needed in order to meet my credit limit to be able to apply for the Spring commencement. I started with four classes but had to add a fifth for security about halfway through the semester. Mind you, the last time I took five classes was my first college semester...and I failed three of those five classes!

 I was up for the challenge though; I knew I was a lot more grounded this time around than the first. But let me tell you, it was a challenge indeed. From multiple art projects and debates to papers and exams...it was no joke. And even through all the work and all the stress, my last semester of college was definitely one of the best. I had great professors and I met some of the most genuine classmates. 

I could not have asked for a better "last semester of college." 
Now, I trust God will continue to plan my life the way he sees fit. And I'm okay with that! 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top